Saturday, June 20, 2009

Look Who's Coming To Town

Due to an incredible set of circumstances and all the tumblers of Fate falling into place, a one-in-a-million chance is about to come in. My sister and her family are going to become my new next door neighbors. It's only for a year but I'll take whatever I can get.

Because of our age difference, we've only lived in the same house five years of our lives. After that we lived in the same town only a couple of years. We talk on the phone several times a week and visit back and forth a few times a year, but it's just not the same as being right there day to day.

Now we'll be able to do neighborly things like borrow sugar, check mail, and dog sit for each other. But my favorite part about this whole deal is having my six nieces and nephews right next door so I can spoil them on a daily basis instead of just on Aunt H visits.
I'm sure my sister won't mind if I ruin their appetites with goodies and let them play Wii whenever they want to. There's lots of catching up to do with random gift giving and baseball games. They'll probably want to go to Busch Gardens and Adventure Island at least once a week, too. Think of all the cute clothes I can buy! This is going to be fun.

5 comments:

Tonja said...

How exciting! You are very blessed! I bet you are filled with plans and to-do lists. What a dream it will be to have this time together to really 'be together'.

Happy Heart said...

I can't wait, SIS!!!!! A dream come true!!!

KayEllen said...

How wonderful!!

I know I take it for granted sometimes..that my sis is in town..

You two will have a blast!!!

KayEllen

Lori said...

Holley, that is wonderful...i am so happy for you:) what a beautiful family your sister has!!!

Sandi McBride said...

Oh Holly, how happy you are going to be! To live next to your sister...I've never had that pleasure, but I can imagine it!
hugs
Sandi